Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The morning of

the wedding I was ever so afraid. I begged my mom to stop the wedding. I didn’t want to get married anymore. I realized what I had gotten into. Everybody got angry at me. It was only my cousins who were my age that felt bad for me. My cousin Abidah hugged me and told me it’d be okay. She said “If he lays a hand on you, I’ll break his hand off.” I thought how violent yet kind of her. I wanted to get a taxi and go see my father who was in a different city at the time. But it would be too dangerous to get a taxi alone specially when I’ve got an American accent when I speak farsi. But I knew if I could get to my father, he would help me. He’d be by my side. I was always “daddy’s little girl” and he always loved me so much. He always called me his flower. I asked if I could at least call him and they told me to stop being ridiculous and acting like a child. But that’s just the thing, I was a child.
here
via

No comments:

Post a Comment